Daily Prompt has poses a series of questions and just because I am feeling playful I thought I’d give a go at answering them…
- What is your favorite word?My favourite word has to be ablution… To ablute – that is just a great way to say you are going for a wash. I have yet to write it into a story though. It is one word I always edit out – it just sounds too weird.
- What is your least favorite word?Easy one – had. I am always editing out ‘had’. I don’t know why but that word sneaks into everything I write.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?Confidence, anyone with confidence or authors who write with confidence I love. I have looked at my friends and I can say that each are confident in their own way.
- What turns you off?Long fingernails and flowery writing. If the sky is blue then say it is once. I do not need to know four times, each time using a different metaphor. And the long fingernail thing – I don’t know… It just gives me the creeps.
- What is your favorite curse word?I don’t use a lot, but I would have to say – bollocks. Every time I use it I smile… Again I don’t know why.
- What sound or noise do you love?I love all music and singing. My favourite has to be folk songs or ones that sound like it. But I also love Bowie…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v–IqqusnNQ
- What sound or noise do you hate?Any loud noise. I freak at planes going over or large cars and vans.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?I always want to be an Olympian. To do a sport so well that I am the best at it, and to get a gold medal… I am terrible at sport – all types. Still I can dream.
- What profession would you not like to do?There is only one – I want to be a writer.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?“Welcome. Pull up a chair and help yourself to the nibbles.”